The JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Advanced Aquarium with LED Lighting incorporates many high-tech features not commonly found in "All-In-One" systems. Most importantly, it is an LED only reef aquarium nano tank with light output similar to a 150W metal halide. LEDs should have a 10 year lifespan, produce less heat than metal halides, T5s and compact fluorescents and they use less energy. Unlike nano tanks with metal halides, compact fluorescents and T5 lights, this LED tank will not require a chiller (unless your house is kept at a high temperature), and this tank could easily save you a thousand plus dollars in lamps and electricity over a ten year period.
Beyond the LED lights, the JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Aquarium w/ LED has all the same features as the JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Aquarium HQI, which was inspired by hundreds of reef hobbyists who requested increased water circulation, a more simplified filter, and designated water level columns in the rear chambers for heaters, refugiums and protein skimmers (heater, protein skimmer & refugium not included).
- Tank Volume: 28 gallons
- Glass Thickness: 6mm
- Dimensions: 18" X 22" X 22"
LED Illumination: High intensity LED lighting offers the ability to dramatically increase PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) which designates the spectral range from 400 700 nanometers for the growth of photosynthetic organisms while lowering energy input.
- 24 Hour Light Cycles The new canopy offers around the clock illumination all powered by individual power cords
- a. Daylight 25 x 3 Watt 14K
- b. Dawn/Dusk 4 x 3 Watt Actinic/466nm
- c. Moon 2 x 1 Watt Nite-Vu/456nm
- Time to Change Lamps? Impressive 50,000 hour lifespan with a 30% reduction in output. You wont need to change lamps for at least 10 years (based on 10 hours a day light use)
- Going Green Safely: LEDs do not produce any ultra-violet radiation that is harmful for living organisms and do not contain any toxic mercury that is harmful for the environment. These solid state components are extremely durable and prevent accidental lamp breakage through handling associated with fluorescents. Consuming less energy puts less greenhouse gas emissions into our surroundings.
- Beautifully Efficient: The 89 watt LED system provides comparable PAR output to the JBJ 150 watt HQI 14K canopy system, while consuming approximately 40% less energy. Enjoy the mesmerizing shimmering of all 3 light cycles generally only found in nature. Since LEDs turn on to full brightness without having to warm up, you can instantly light up your aquariums without the wait. These revolutionary diodes radiate heat upwards and away from the water to reduce unwanted heat transfer that can be detrimental for aquarium livestock.
Pump & Filtration Features:
- Water is directed into a 3-Stage filter media basket, which comes installed with a mechanical sponge, chemical activated carbon and biological ceramic rings. The 3-Stage filter media basket can host a variety of chemical medias to suit your needs. Cleaning is especially easy since all you have to do is lift up on the basket handle and watch the water drain out the bottom for a simple and dry filter change. All baskets have a sliding door for added convenience.
- Once the water leaves the filter basket water is split to the designated heater column (heater not included) to the left and the counter current, air-driven protein skimmer to the right. The area that contains the heater, protein skimmer and 3-Stage Filter media basket always has a constant water level.
- Once the water is heated and skimmed, the water overflows into the pump water columns. Water is directed back into the main body of the aquarium via (2) UL-Listed Accela Pumps rated at 266gph at a low energy draw of 16W. The Nano Cube HQI also includes the Ocean Pulse Duo Wavemaker, which creates turbulent currents for a more natural reef environment. Your wavemaker can be set from 10 seconds to 6 minute alternating cycles. Water is returned via (2) directional return nozzles on each side of the center overflow for even natural currents.
- Four Integrated cooling fans (3000rpm`s) will keep the canopy cool. The fans are on two separate circuits in case one of the fans fail. If all the fans fail a thermal protector will automatically shut off the lighting system until temperatures reach safe conditions.
- Flame retardant ABS canopy housing
- Feeding lid for easy access for feeding and to retrieve water samples without lifting the entire hood.