AquaC EV-240 Protein Skimmer (Rated: 80 - 350 gal.)
AquaC EV-240 Protein Skimmer
AquaC EV-240 Protein Skimmer Features:
* Tank Size: 80-350 gallons
* Recommended pumps: Mag Drive 12 or Iwaki MD-40RLT
* Height: 26"
* Footprint: 6.0" x 10.0"
* Input: 3/4: hose barb. Output: 1.5" gate valve.
* Flexible design for in-sump applications
* For in sump use only
* 5/8" collection cup drain
* 1/4" John Guest "Speedfit" fitting
* Designed to run in sumps WITHOUT BEING RAISED. The output gate valve has been increased to a height of 10", which means that as long as your sump level is 10" or lower you will not need to worry about fluctuations having an impact on skimming consistency.
* The addition of a precision ball valve for airflow control allows the aquarist to fine tune the skimmer`s output. Unlike most other high performance skimmers in this class, the EV is remarkably silent. The spray injection system does not generate the sucking noises typical of venturi and Beckett units.
* The improved "Twist-Lock" collection cup and cap makes for a secure, flanged connection without the need for set screws or other locking type unions. Simply twist to crack the seal (EPDM gaskets) and removal requires a scant 1/4" clearance.
* Increased contact time = more protein removal. The size of the mixing box has been increased on all models by approximately 40%. To accommodate the extra foam the skimmers now feature taller and wider reaction towers, as well.