AquaC EV-180 Protein Skimmer (Rating 60 - 200 gal.)
AquaC EV-180 Protein Skimmer
AquaC EV 180 Protein Skimmer Features:
* Tank Size: 60-200 gallons
* Recommended pumps: Mag Drive 7 or Rio 3100
* Height: 20"
* Footprint: 6.0" x 9.2"
* Foam tower volume: 135 cubic inches
* Flexible design for in-sump applications
* For in sump use only
* Designed to run in sumps WITHOUT BEING RAISED. The output gate valve has been increased to a height of 10", which means that as long as your sump level is 9" or lower you will not need to worry about fluctuations having an impact on skimming consistency.
* The addition of a precision ball valve for airflow control allows the aquarist to fine tune the skimmer`s output. Unlike most other high performance skimmers in this class, the EV is remarkably silent. The spray injection system does not generate the sucking noises typical of venturi and Beckett units.
* The improved "Twist-Lock" collection cup and cap makes for a secure, flanged connection without the need for set screws or other locking type unions. Simply twist to crack the seal (EPDM gaskets) and removal requires a scant 1/4" clearance.
* Increased contact time = more protein removal. The size of the mixing box has been increased on all models by approximately 40%. To accommodate the extra foam the skimmers now feature taller and wider reaction towers, as well.
You May Also Be Interested In: